Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Wolverhampton
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Sedgley SE:
Staffs Sheet 67.07a Sedgley (SE) & West Coseley 1901 - published 1997; intro by Angus Dunphy. ISBN.978-0-85054-938-6
Staffs Sheet 67.07b Sedgley (SE) & West Coseley 1938 - published 2015; intro by Malcolm Nixon. ISBN.978-1-84784-860-4
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. It covers an area stretching from the SE corner of Sedgley, including All Saints church, southward to Spills Meadow and
eastward to Woodsetton and Swan Village. Roseville is in the top right corner.
Features include tramways and tram depot, windmill (disused), Sedgley UDC Offices, Modenhill, Turlshill House, Woodsetton House, High Arcal Farm, The Coppice, Hockley Colliery and tramway, Claycroft Colliery,
Parkes' Hall, Mons Hill, old limestone pits, West Coseley, Providence Row, Branfield Colliery (disused) etc, St Chad's church etc. Various directory extracts are included on the reverse.
The map links up with Staffordshire sheets 67.03 Sedgley NE to the north,
67.06 Sedgley West to the west, 67.08 Tipton to the east, 67.11 Gornal to the south.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Wolverhampton maps; or here for the
whole West Midlands series.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / firstname.lastname@example.org / 27 July 2017