Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Staffordshire

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
  • They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Cannock (North):

  • Staffordshire Sheet 51.10 Cannock (North) 1902 - published 1996; intro by Charles H Goodwin. ISBN.978-0-85054-850-1

    This detailed map of north Cannock is double-sided for maximum coverage.

    The main map, sheet 51.10, covers the area east of the town, with much of railway and canal interest. Features here include East Cannock Colliery, Cannock Chase Colliery, The Mount, Cannock Extension Canal with Hednesford Basin Wharf, Hemlock's Farm, Sidon Hill, Milking Bank, stretch of LNWR Cannock Branch to East Cannock Junction, stretch of LNWR Norton Branch, LNWR Littleworth Extension Branch.

    On the reverse we include a large section of adjacent map 51.09 which extends coverage westward to the town of Cannock. Features here include brewery, Market Place, St Luke's church, Market Hall, Stafford Road area, Oldfallow, Stony Lea, Blackfords, Broomhill Bank, Cannock Cemetery, Oldfallow House (at top of map).

    The map links up with Staffordshire sheet 51.13 Cannock South to the south.


    For a full list of maps of Staffordshire county, please go to the Staffordshire page.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.

    Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 3 March 2011