Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Staffordshire
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Stafford:
Staffordshire Sheet 37.11a Stafford 1879 - published 2011; intro by Derrick Pratt. ISBN.978-1-84784-500-9
Staffordshire Sheet 37.11b Stafford 1900 - published 1988; intro by Joan Anslow. ISBN.978-0-85054-142-7
We have published two versions of this busy map, showing how the area developed across the years. Coverage extends from the station eastward to Littleworth, and from Newport Road northward to Tillington Street.
Features include LNWR railway with station and engine sheds, River Sow, Castle Engine Works, General Infirmary, Foregate area, Greengate Street area and town centre with all individual buildings neatly delineated,
St Mary's church, Stafford Mill, The Green, cattle market, Green Hall, County Lunatic Asylum, Market Hall, Shire Hall, public baths, boot and shoe manufactory, County Industrial Home, Asylum Farm, Lammascote Farm,
Littleworth, Cotonhill Asylum, Asylum sanitary wards, Coton Farm etc.
The 1879 version also includes the LNWR Stafford-Shrewsbury-Welshpool timetable for 1897 on the reverse.
For a full list of maps of Staffordshire county, please go to the Staffordshire page or the
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW /
email@example.com / 28 January 2018