We have a growing range of maps for the Borough of Spelthorne. This was formed in 1974 from the Urban Districts of Staines and Sunbury-on-Thames. These were both formed in 1894 but in 1930 Staines UDC was enlarged to include Ashford, Laleham and Stanwell, and Sunbury-on-Thames UD was enlarged to include Shepperton and Littleton. These were in Middlesex but in 1965, with the abolition of Middlesex, they were transferred to Surrey. All maps are available from our On-line Mapshop.
The following titles are all taken from the OS 25" maps and reduced to a scale of approximately 14 inches to the mile. They are extremely detailed, showing individual houses, details such as railway tracks, pathways, pubs, factories and even minutiae such as fountains and signal posts. Each covers an area of a mile and a half by one mile, and includes an introduction. Click on the links below for further details.
These are the principal maps for the Borough of Spelthorne in our Middlesex series: