Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Plymouth
We have a range of detailed maps for Devon towns and we also cover the whole county at the Inch to the Mile scale.
All maps are available from our On-line Mapshop.
Both Devonport and Plymouth became County Boroughs in 1889, but they, together with East Stonehouse Urban District, merged as Plymouth County Borough in 1914.
This became the City of Plymouth in 1928. There was a reorganisation in 1974, with a county council and ten Districts, of which Plymouth was one. However, in 1998
Plymouth and Torbay both became unitary authorities once again.
See This Page for a summary of Devon's local government history.
These are the maps we publish for Plymouth:
123.07 Devonport North 1893 - published 2001; intro by Richard Oliver
123.08 Plymouth North 1893 - published 2000; intro by Richard Oliver
123.11 Devonport South & Stonehouse 1893 - published 2001; intro by Richard Oliver
123.12 Plymouth Hoe 1892 - published 1999; intro by Richard Oliver
Go to the Devon page for other towns in the county.
Devon is also covered in our Inch to the Mile series. This is the principal sheet for Plymouth:
348 Plymouth to Polperro 1894 - published 2005; intro by Tom Greeves. Includes a map of Polperro
For full details of this series go to the One Inch page.
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
They cost just £ 3.00 each (Coloured editions £ 3.50). For the rest of Devon go to the Devon page, for Torbay to the Torbay page.
For a full list of English maps, return to the England page
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
This list shows all our maps for the area. We try to keep a full range in print but inevitably some titles fall out of print from time to time.
These are noted in our On-line Mapshop.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, DH8 7PW. Tel 01207 583388
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 14 October 2016