Old Ordnance Survey Maps of County Offaly


  • These highly detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction. They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Birr:

  • Co Offaly Sheet 35.10 Birr 1909 - published 1996; intro by Michael Byrne. ISBN.978-0-85054-818-1

    This very detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers most of the town of Birr, with coverage from Pound Street southward to Moor Park and Seefin, and from Mount Palmer eastward to Clonoghil House. Features include the Observatory, town centre with all buildings neatly shown, Scurragh, Syngefield, Oxmantown Bridge, Presentation Brothers School, Birr Castle, Cumberland Square, John's Place, Manor Saw Mill, Fair Green, St Brendan's RC church, Industrial School, St Brendan's church, Court House, Monastery, Union Workhouse, Elm Grove etc.

    On the reverse we include about half of adjacent sheet 35.14 extending coverage southward to include Crinkill, Whiteford Mill, Barracks, Whiteford Laundry, Millbrook Bridge, railway terminus, engine shed etc.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Co Offaly Series maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for Ireland, return to the Ireland page.

    The Godfrey Edition / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 19 March 2011