Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Merton
This is our coverage of the London Borough of Merton. This was formed in 1965 from the merger of the Municipal Borough of Mitcham, the Municipal Borough of Wimbledon, and Merton & Morden UDC. The new borough was within Greater London.
All maps are available from our On-line Mapshop.
The following titles are all taken from the OS 25" maps and reduced to a scale of approximately 14 inches to the mile.
They are extremely detailed, showing individual houses, details such as railway tracks, pathways,
pubs, factories and even minutiae such as fountains and signal posts. Each covers an area of a mile and a half by one mile, and includes an introduction.
These are the principal maps for the London Borough of Merton in our London series:
133 Wimbledon 1894 - published 2010; intro by Pamela Taylor
141 South Wimbledon & Merton Park 1894 - published 2010; intro by Pamela Taylor
142 Merton 1894 - published 1994; intro by John W Brown
These are the principal maps for the London Borough of Merton in our Surrey series:
13.03 Morden 1894 - published 2008; intro by Pamela Taylor
13.04 Mitcham 1910 - published 2012; intro by Richard Oliver
13.08 Beddington Corner 1894 - published 1998; intro by John W Brown
Most maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
They cost just £ 3.00 each. For a full list of English maps, return to the England page
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, DH8 7PW. Tel 01207 583388
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 22 February 2018