Old Ordnance Survey Maps of County Durham
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Leadgate:
Durham 11.11a Leadgate 1895 - published 2000; intro by John Griffiths. ISBN.978-1-84151-167-2
Durham 11.11b Leadgate 1916 - published 2016; intro by Neil Gander. ISBN.978-1-84784-963-2
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The maps cover Leadgate, where we are based. This is just outside Consett, and developed when the Derwent Iron Works developed its great
iron works there. The map covers virtually the whole of Leadgate and stretches east to Redwell Hills, the Eden Colliery and the
Catholic church, and north to Bradley Cottages. The NER Annfield Plain Branch runs through the map and features include Carrhouse goods station (passenger trains did not
serve the town until 1896), St Ives church, Bradley Shops, Leadgate Hospital, Pont House, old ironstone shafts, coke ovens, and stretches of the NER Medomsley Branch,
NER South Medomsley Branch, Iveston Railway. We include a directory of Leadgate on the reverse.
The map links up with Sheets 11.10 Blackhill & Shotley Bridge to the west.
Follow these links for lists of our Co Durham, Gateshead or Sunderland maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for the North East, return to the North East page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 14 Sept 2016