Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Glamorgan
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Pontypridd (S):
Glamorgan Sheet 28.14 Pontypridd (South) 1915 - published 2010; intro by Derrick Pratt. ISBN.978-1-84784-424-8
This detailed map covers the southern half of Pontypirdd, with coverage stretching from the station southward to Coed Dan-y-ty and Coed Gelli-draws, and from Coed Graig-fach eastward to Tower Street.
Features include southern part of town centre, Maritime Colliery, Workhouse, Pontypridd Junction, station, Taff Vale Railway, Barry Railway with station and tunnel, Woodroad Quarry, Infirmary, Isolation Hospital,
Court House, tramways, Coke Works, Pen-y-rhiw Colliery, mineral railways and tramways, quarries etc. On the reverse we include a list of private residents from a 1906 directory.
The map links up with Glamorgan sheets 28.15 Treforest to the east.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Glamorgan maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for Wales, return to the Wales page.
The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 30 March 2018