Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Edinburgh
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Dalkeith:
Edinburghshire Sheet 8.07 Dalkeith (East) 1905 - published 2008; intro by Barbara Morris. ISBN.978-1-84784-092-9
This detailed map covers the centre of Dalkieth and the area immediately to the east, with coverage stretching eastward
to Wester Cowden. Features include Dalkeith Houase, Lugton Haugh, NBR Smeaton Branch, NBR Dalkeith station (west edge of map), Benbught Wood,
High Street, church, West Church, cattle market, Bridge End, Brewlands, Newmills, Waterfall Park, Lord Ancram's Wood, Thorny Bank, Thornybank House, saw mill, Woodburn,
Shaw's coal depot with railway, etc. The first part of a Dalkeith directory (entries A-J) is included on the reverse.
The map links up with Edinburgh Sheet 8.06 Dalkeith West to the west.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Edinburgh maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for Scotland, return to the Scotland page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 29 October 2016