We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. The map covers the centre and north of Stanley, including Shield Row and extending to Tanfield Lea colliery. Features include Beamish Colliery (Mary Pit), NER railway with Shieldrow station, West Shieldrow Colliery (Margaret Pit), Tanfield Lea Colliery, Oakey's Cottages, St Andrew's church, theatres, RC church, UDC Offices, East Stanley, Kiphill, South Causey etc.
The 1895 version is double-sided for maximum coverage. On the reverse we include a section of adjacent sheet 12.10 extending coverage south to include the rest of Front Street, and down South Moor Lane, including Poplar Street. Features include South Moor Colliery (Old and New Louisa Pits), with Hedley Tramway; West Stanley Colliery; Stanley Hall, NER Pontop & South Shields Branch.
The map links up with Sheets 12.02 East Tanfield to the north, 12.07 No Place to the east, 12.09 Annfield Plain to the east and 19.02 Burnhope to the south.