Old Ordnance Survey Maps of County Durham
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Dipton:
Co Durham Sheet 11.08 Dipton 1916 - published 2008; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84784-190-2
This detailed map covers the village of Dipton, historically made up of three parts: Pontop, Collierley and Dipton. Features on our map include
South Medomsley Colliery (traditionally called High Stables), Delight Colliery, Dipton Colliery, Pontop Hall, Mary Pit, Coronation Drift, Main Coal Drift, Brass Thill Drift, tramways to the drifts, St John's church,
High Collierley, Pontop Quarry, Pontop & Jarrow Railway, Curry's Square, St Patrick's RC church, site of Lily Colliery, Harelaw Quarry, two picture theatres, old pits etc. On the reverse we include
directories of Dipton in 1894 and 1906.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Durham maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for England, return to the England page.
Alan Godfrey Maps, Prospect Business Park, Leadgate, Consett, Co Durham, DH8 7PW / email@example.com / 14 January 2018