Old Ordnance Survey Maps of County Down

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Newry:

  • Co Down Sheet 46.16 Newry 1903 - published 2006; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN 978-1-84151-857-2

    This very detailed map covers the city of Newry at the beginning of the 20th century, and although the OS published it in their Co Down series, the map does extend westward into the Co Armagh part of the town and as far as the Urban District boundary. Our map is double-sided for maximum coverage and includes Sheet 46.15. Features include the Newry Canal, Merchants Quay, Albert Basin, Dublin Bridge station, Bridge Street station, Edward Street station, Bessbrook & Newry tramway terminus, Cathedral, St Patrick's church, St Mary's church, St Catherine's church, markets, Town Hall, Downshire House. Map extends east about a mile to Temple Hill, Creeve House. With its railways and canal (shown in detail, with railway tracks, cranes, turntable etc) the map will have especial interest to transport historians as well as those interested in the history of Newry.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Co Down maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for Ireland, return to the Ireland page.

    The Godfrey Edition / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 18 May 2011