Here are the details of maps for north Chesterfield:
This highly detailed map covers the north of Chesterfield, including Stonegravels and stretching northward to part of Newbold village.
Features include Midland Railway, Great Central Railway's Chesterfield Loop, Chesterfield Canal, railway wagon works, River Rother, Chesterfield Workhouse, Grammar School, Christ Church, Holy Trinity church (where George Stephenson is buried), Stonegravels area, Brockwell Brick Works, Reservoir Colliery, Wallsend Colliery, Holme Close Colliery, part of Newbold incl Eyre Chapel, Nag's Head pub, Highfield Hall etc.
The map links up with sheet 25.06 Chesterfield to the south.
The expansion of borough boundaries in the 18902 and early 20th century helped Chesterfield gtrow northward, towards the village of Newbold and inlcuding Stonegravels. The map includes some of the area's small collieries and transport interest with two railways and the Chesterfield Canal, but is especially noteworthy as the burial site of the great railway pioneer George Stephenson.
"Holy Trinity is notable as the last resting place of the great engineer George Stephenson (1781-1848), ‘Father of the Railways’. Stephenson had moved to the area to supervise work on the North Midland Railway and lived at Tapton House. His second wife (and childhood sweetheart) Elizabeth, or Betty (1779-1845), had supported the new Holy Trinity church and was buried here. Stephenson lies beside her in a vault below the retable, behind the altar, the stone floor bearing the simple inscription ‘G S 1848’. His son Robert (who is buried at Westminster Abbey) gave the stained-glass E window in memory of his father, each of the three panes bearing the lettering GS. Elsewhere in Chesterfield a fine bronze statue of George Stephenson by Stephen Hicklin was unveiled outside the station in 2005, and there is a collection of memorabilia in the local museum. This is not the place to list Stephenson’s achievements, but it is hard to think of any ordinary, suburban church with a more noteworthy entombment, and it renders Holy Trinity a site of worldwide significance...."