We have published two maps for Crook. They link up to provide good coverage of the town. Here are the details:
The Crook West map covers the western part of the town, including High Hope Street, West Road, station, goods station, the northern part of Woodifield Colliery, Freeholders Homes. A major feature is Pease's West, including the NER Pease's West Sidings, chemical works, coke ovens, fireclay works, Pease's West Colliery (Emma Pit) with tramway, West Roddymoor, Red House Colliery. Extracts from a trade directory of 1894 are on the reverse.
The Crook East map links up and covers the eastern part of the town, including town centre, St Catherine's church, RC chapel, Wheat Bottom, Royal Hotel, Surtees Hotel. Coverage extends east to Bowden Close, including Bowden Close Colliery (Norwich Pit), Helmington Row, Bowden Close Railway, also disused Job's Hill Colliery, Low Job's Hill. Dowfold Hill is central to the map, and the route of a disused mineral line runs round it. Extracts from a 1902 directory are on the reverse.