Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Suffolk
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
They are available through our On-line Mapshop
Here are the details of maps for Brandon
Suffolk Sheet 6.16 Brandon 1903 - published 2001; introduction by Robert Malster. ISBN 978-1-84151-303-4
This map straddles the Suffolk border, and is also Norfolk Sheet 92.16. It covers the town of Brandon in good
detail, and features here include High Street, Market Hill, London Road, Thetford Road, Bury Road, Gashouse Drove, old limekilns,
fur manufactory, St Peter's church. Town Street, Brandon Hall and Foord House are in the SW corner. The Little Ouse River runs through the map
and north of this is the Great Eastern Railway with (in Norfolk) Brandon station. A directory of Brandon in 1896 is included on the back.
Follow this link for a complete list of our Suffolk Series maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop.
For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile.
For a full list of maps for East Anglia, return to the East Anglia page.
The Godfrey Edition / email@example.com / 24 November 2017