Old Ordnance Survey Maps of County Armagh

  • These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. They are available through our On-line Mapshop

  • Here are the details of maps for Portadown:

  • Co Armagh Sheet 9.08 Portadown 1906 - published 2004; intro by Alan Godfrey. ISBN.978-1-84151-647-9

    This detailed map of Portadown is double-sided for maximum coverage.

    The main map covers the centre of the town, with coverage stretching from the Bann Bridge southward to Annagh Terrace. Features include railway junction and engine depot, Market Street, St Mark's church, bacon factory, weaving factories, Tavanagh Factory, Annagh Factory, High Street area, rope works, Pork Market, Corcrain area incl Corcrain House and Corcrain Villa, Fair Green, part of Clownagh area incl Clownagh Cottage, Tavanagh area incl Tavanagh House, River Bann, etc.

    On the reverse we include part of adjacent sheet 9.04 extending coverage north; this includes Garvaghy area, People's Park, Castle Island Factory, Bannview Factory, Parkside Damask Factory, railway station (then on east of river), Edenderry Weaving Factory, Eden Hall, St Joseph's RC Church, Woodside Nursery, Corcrain School.


    Follow this link for a complete list of our Co Armagh maps.

    You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.


    Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for Ireland, return to the Ireland page.

    The Godfrey Edition / godfreyedition@btinternet.com / 18 May 2011