Here are the details of maps for Amble:
This detailed map covers the small coastal town of Amble, where the population rose from 247 in 1831 to 4,428 by 1901. It had become a significant port for coal export, and there was also a brick works on the quayside. Features on the map include the town centre, railway and station, wagonway, harbour (called Warkworth Harbour, but note the map does not include Warkworth itself), High Street, coastguard station, salt works, Amble Links. On the reverse we have a backing map which includes the North Pier, together with a directory of Amble in 1890. <
Follow this link for a complete list of our Northumberland maps.
You can order maps direct from our On-line Mapshop. For other information and prices, and other areas, go to The Index Page.
Maps in the Godfrey Edition are taken from the 25 inch to the mile map and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. For a full list of maps for the North East, return to the North East page.The Godfrey Edition / firstname.lastname@example.org / 26 October 2016